SuperPeek Texas Hold’Em @ Suncruz Casinos
Thanks to reader K. for pointing out this obscure game available on the Suncruz Casino boats. It’s an interesting Hold’Em-based carnival game where you get to see the two dealer hole cards. Here are the rules:
- Player wagers Ante before game begins.
- Dealer reveals his two hole cards.
- Player must bet either 2x or 4x his Ante, based on the dealer’s two hole cards.
- Player receives his two hole cards, and decides to either 1x Call, or to surrender half of his 2x/4x bet (keeps Ante).
- Dealer reveals community flop, turn, and river.
- If final Player hand beats Dealer hand, the Ante and 2x/4x bet pay even-money. The 1x Call bet pays even-money for a flush or higher, else pushes.
- If the final Dealer hand beats the Player hand, all bets lose.
- Regardless of Dealer Hand, a 1x called Player hand qualifies for an automatic bonus (50:1 for Royal, 25:1 for Straight Flush, 10:1 for Quads, 1:1 for Full House and Flush).
The following strategy is within 0.61% of optimal. There are two decision points. The first decision is whether to wager 2x or 4x against the dealer hole cards. The second decision is whether to surrender half your 2x/4x bet, or to 1x call the hand and see the river.
After seeing the dealer’s two hole cards, you should:
- 2x against any dealer pair.
- 2x against any dealer Ace or King.
- 2x against a Queen, except 4x against Q3o or lower.
- 2x against a Jack, except 4x against J3s/J5o or lower.
- 2x against a Ten, except 4x against T5s/T6o or lower.
- 2x against a Nine, except 4x against 96s/97o or lower.
- 4x all others.
Once you see your hole cards, make the 1x call decision according to the prioritized strategy:
- Against a dealer pair, call two over cards or an equal pair, else surrender.
- Call any pair, except against a higher dealer pair.
- Call any hand higher than or equal to dealer.
- Call a 4x bet if you copy one card with the dealer, but the dealer’s kicker is 7 or lower.
- Call a suited hand copied once with dealer, against an offsuit dealer hand with 7 or lower kicker (e.g., call 63h against dealer 73o).
- Call two live cards when your low card beats the dealer’s low card, AND (you’ve made a 4x bet OR you’re suited OR you’re 3-gapped or less).
- Call two live cards for a 4x bet when the dealer cards are less than 9, not suited, and 3-gapped or more.
- Call two live suited cards when your high card beats the dealer’s low card, AND (the dealer is not suited OR you’re 3-gapped or less).
- Call two live suited under cards for a 4x bet when you’re 4-gapped or less, AND (the dealer is not suited OR the dealer cards are of a different suit).
- Else, surrender all others
The game is good, and you should play it if you find it.